Be the smart traveller and plan your vacation smoothly. To help you plan a glitch-free travel to Rajasthan, Gujarat, Delhi and Agra, we have listed down the important dates when the famous tourist destinations remain closed and the places that require you to book your place well in advance. Please make note of these while you plan your travels :
Rajasthan Tourist Spots :
- Tiger Safari at Ranthambhore can only be booked online. Please visit https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in/signin
- Elephant Rides at Amer Fort remain suspended during Navratra Festival every year due to heavy rush of devotees at the Shila Mata Temple. Elephant rides are available at Hathi Gaon during this period. Call us for further details.
- Elephant rides at Amer in Jaipur are closed during Dhulandi.
- All major monuments in Rajasthan are closed on Dhulandi festival.
- Junagarh Fort in Bikaner remains closed on Dhulandi and Diwali.
- Lalgarh Palace in Bikaner remains closed on all Sundays and Dhulandi and Diwali.
- Camel breeding farm in Bikaner remains closed on 26th January and 15th August every year and on Diwali.
- Ganga Golden Jubilee museum in Bikaner remains closed on last Tuesdays of the month and Dhulandi.
- Fort and Jain Temples in Jaisalmer remain closed on Gangaur and on Dhulandi festival.
- Govt museum in Jaisalmer remains closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Govt museum in Jodhpur remains closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Kiradu Temple in Barmer remains closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Govt museum and Bagore ki Haveli folk dances and museum in Udaipur remain closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Rani Ji ki Baori, Kipling Palace (Sukh Mahal) and 84 pillar cenotaph in Bundi remain closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Govt museum and Gagron Fort in Jhalawar remain closed on National Holidays and Dhulandi festival.
- Ranthambhore Tiger Sanctuary, Sariska Tiger Sanctuary and Mukundra Tiger Park are closed every year from July 01st to September 30th.
Gujarat Tourist Spots :
- Statue of Unity remains closed for tourists on Mondays.
- Sasan Gir Asiatic Lion reserve and all national parks are closed from 16th June to 15th October every year.
- Lion Safari can only be booked online and needs to be done well in advance. Go to https://girlion.gujarat.gov.in/
- Calico museum in Ahmedabad is closed on Wednesdays and Public Holidays. Children below 10 years of age are not permitted inside the museum.
- Calico museum visit requires prior permission. Can be obtained online. Go to www.calicomuseum.org
- Akshardham temple and Kankariya Lake in Ahmedabad remain closed on Mondays
- Lothal remains closed on Fridays
- Shreyas Folk and Art Museum remains closed on Sundays and Public Holidays and fifteen days during Peak Summers and ten days during Diwali Holidays.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace, Maharaja Fateh Singh museum in Baroda remains closed on Mondays and Public Holidays
- Aina Mahal in Bhuj remains closed on Thursdays and Public Holidays.
- Prag Mahal in Bhuj remains closed on Public Holidays
- Kutch museum in Bhuj remains closed on Wednesdays, 2nd and 4th Saturdays and Public Holidays
- Watson museum in Rajkot remains closed on Wednesdays, 2nd and 4th Saturdays and Public Holidays
- Dandiya Utsav all over Gujarat happens during Navratri festival.
- Rann Utsav dates : November to February every year. *Please check with us for specific dates before making your travel pans.
- Visit to Marine National Park at Jamnagar, Nishkalank Mahadev Temple at Koliyak in Bhavnagar and Stambheshwar Mahadev Temple at Kamboi in Jambusar are subject to tide timings.
- Gujarat has a limited number of licence holding guides and fewer guides who speak any foreign languages, you must book your guide services well in advance. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Delhi Tourist Spots :
- Red Fort, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple and National Gallery of Modern Art are closed on Mondays
- Rashtrapati Bhawan does not have fixed days for visits and closure, prerogative of the Govt. authorities.
- National Pjilatelic Museum is closed on weekends.
Agra Tourist Spots :
- Taj Mahal remains closed every Friday.